[SOLVED] PC won’t boot off SSD

Oct 3, 2020
I got a new hard drive and installed windows on it but my system refuses to start up off the SSD. I know windows is on the SSD and it’s not starting up off that because I checked on startup configuration and it’s still booting up off my c drive. I’ve gone into my BIOS and put the #1 option as the SSD but it doesn’t start up unless I use the HDD. The #1 option has to be Windows manager(WDC bunch of numbers) which is my HDD and even when I unplug the HDDs it still leaves me black screened telling me to select the correct boot disk. I have an970 evo plus SSD and gigabyte z370 motherboard if that is if any use. I don’t know how to make it work off the SSD, I’ve tried the bios multiple times. One thing that I noticed is that in disk management is that the SSD doesn’t have a recovery partition (it does have an EFI partition ) and the primary partition of the SSD doesn’t say “boot” while the primary partition of the HDD does say “boot” (along with a bunch of other things) any help is appreciated. Also the EFI partition on the ssd is around 300-400 mb while the EFI partition in the HDD is 99 or so.

Solution
I got a new hard drive and installed windows on it but my system refuses to start up off the SSD. I know windows is on the SSD and it’s not starting up off that because I checked on startup configuration and it’s still booting up off my c drive. I’ve gone into my BIOS and put the #1 option as the SSD but it doesn’t start up unless I use the HDD. The #1 option has to be Windows manager(WDC bunch of numbers) which is my HDD and even when I unplug the HDDs it still leaves me black screened telling me to select the correct boot disk. I have an970 evo plus SSD and gigabyte z370 motherboard if that is if any use. I don’t know how to make it work off the SSD, I’ve tried the bios multiple times. One thing that I noticed is that in disk...
I got a new hard drive and installed windows on it but my system refuses to start up off the SSD. I know windows is on the SSD and it’s not starting up off that because I checked on startup configuration and it’s still booting up off my c drive. I’ve gone into my BIOS and put the #1 option as the SSD but it doesn’t start up unless I use the HDD. The #1 option has to be Windows manager(WDC bunch of numbers) which is my HDD and even when I unplug the HDDs it still leaves me black screened telling me to select the correct boot disk. I have an970 evo plus SSD and gigabyte z370 motherboard if that is if any use. I don’t know how to make it work off the SSD, I’ve tried the bios multiple times. One thing that I noticed is that in disk management is that the SSD doesn’t have a recovery partition (it does have an EFI partition ) and the primary partition of the SSD doesn’t say “boot” while the primary partition of the HDD does say “boot” (along with a bunch of other things) any help is appreciated. Also the EFI partition on the ssd is around 300-400 mb while the EFI partition in the HDD is 99 or so.
The best way i have found to install windows to just the ssd is to only have the ssd installed well installing windows. Then plug the hdds in otherwise for some reason windows 10 like to install boot partion on the hdd's

Solution