Question PC Won’t Boot - PSU or GPU problem? (Solved)

Feb 12, 2019
In the past week, anytime I played a game with decent to good graphics (Warframe, Apex Legends, WoW) for more than 10 minutes my monitor would lose signal and my PC would freeze. I thought it may have been a driver issue, so I reverted to old drivers using DDU and such and even then nothing fixed it. During one game, my PC crashed completely and since hasn’t booted up - the mobo light flashes regardless, but anytime I try to power it on the fans will light up for half a second and nothing else happens.

However, if I unplug my 6-pin & 8-pin PSU connectors from my card the PC will boot but only displays a message telling me to plug in said connectors. The same thing happens if I only connect the 6-pin connector, but using both brings me back to not being able to boot. I have also tried switching PCIe slots with my card but that didn’t work either. I should also mention when able to boot that my GPU fans & LEDs work.

At this point I'm unsure what the problem is, and any insight would be great.

Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KKVHFt

Feb 12, 2019
Alright. Just spoke with EVGA's tech support & they guided me through my UEFI and found no voltage instability and said it's most likely a GPU issue as well.

Going to send my card in for an RMA tomorrow, I appreciate all the feedback! Take care