Question Pc won’t boot, psu working but the power it gives powers my rgb mouse for a second

Jan 4, 2022
The psu was tested with the paper clip method, there’s this little buzzing sound and whenever it buzzes for the second, it powers my rgb mouse(mouse lights come on), the cpu and gpu fans don’t spin, neither the psu but my monitor detects an hdmi cable

Jan 4, 2022
Full specs
I5-4570
12gb 1666mhz ram (I think?)
Gt 1030
240w hp sff psu

History of the problem. Took my motherboard out to test a 1050ti, took psu out as well, plugged psu into wall and plugged the cables into the motherboard. Chaos ensued

Jan 4, 2022
But it powers my mouse for a millisecond,it has this low buzz that last for the millisecond my mouse is lit up,
Full specs
I5-4570
12gb 1666mhz ram (I think?)
Gt 1030
240w hp sff psu

History of the problem. Took my motherboard out to test a 1050ti, took psu out as well, plugged psu into wall and plugged the cables into the motherboard. Chaos ensued

Lutfij

Titan
How old was the PSU at the point prior to connecting the GPU to said PSU? You should know that asking your PSU to power more than it can will result in a dead PSU or worse, it taking out more than itself. If this is a prebuilt system, please mention the model of the prebuilt assuming this is an HP desktop.

ASK THE COMMUNITY