Question PC won’t boot with a second drive all of a sudden

Aug 4, 2020
All of a sudden my PC won’t boot when I have my second hard drive connected. It just gets stuck around the spinning circle on the bios loading screen. I’ve tried connecting the sata cable whilst booted with the single drive however this just makes everything unresponsive- explorer loads forever and most things aren’t clickable. The same happens when I try to connect it with a powered SATA to USB adapter. I have connected it to my Mac and have more look there where the drive is coming up and I can see the root directory folders but I haven’t had much more luck than that. I wonder if anyone knows what could be wrong with the drive, and if there is some way of recovering the data or fixing the drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Is it just this particular drive, or is it any drive?

Data recovery?
sigh.....This is specifically what preemptive backups are for.

Obtain a USB - SATA dock. Power up the PC, and only power up that drive after the system is running.
See what happens.

Aug 4, 2020
Just this particular drive. I have backups for most of the data but there's a couple of videos and files on it that I would like to recover.

Already tried it with a USB-SATA dock after the PC has booted and all it does is make my PC hang. I can still move my mouse but can't click on anything. Explorer just loads forever and isn't responding. Tried to even open task manager but that doesn't work either.

I've tried launching in safe mode and the drive letter does come up in CMD but I can't do anything with it as it just loads forever when I try to access the drive.

I've had better luck accessing the drive on my Mac where I can at least see the root folder and access some of the folders however the other ones end up loading forever