[SOLVED] PC won’t boot with graphics card in top slot.

Kade19

Prominent
Jan 26, 2020
Intel i5 9400f
Asus Prime z370aii
Corsair Vengeance RGB 4x16gb
1tb m.2 SSD
XFX RX 580 gtr 8gb
EVGA 650 gold

PC won’t boot with the 580 in the top slot. It boots when I move it to the second slot. I have a spare asus gtx750ti that I put in the top slot and it boots fine with that. Not really sure what the issue is. Seems the motherboard is fine, and so is the graphics card. It just doesn’t like that specific card in the top slot.

Any ideas?

Solution
Intel i5 9400f
Asus Prime z370aii
1tb m.2 SSD
XFX RX 580 gtr 8gb
EVGA 650 gold

PC won’t boot with the 580 in the top slot. It boots when I move it to the second slot. I have a spare asus gtx750ti that I put in the top slot and it boots fine with that. Not really sure what the issue is. Seems the motherboard is fine, and so is the graphics card. It just doesn’t like that specific card in the top slot.

Any ideas?
Tried to use ddu to uninstall all nvidia and radeon drivers (dont connect to internet until 2 drivers uninstalled), and update the bios to the latest, then reinstall the gpu driver?
Intel i5 9400f
Asus Prime z370aii
1tb m.2 SSD
XFX RX 580 gtr 8gb
EVGA 650 gold

Any ideas?
Tried to use ddu to uninstall all nvidia and radeon drivers (dont connect to internet until 2 drivers uninstalled), and update the bios to the latest, then reinstall the gpu driver?

Solution