[SOLVED] Pc won’t boot

Dec 1, 2019
I recently bought an intel core i5 and an asus prime z390-A as upgrades to my old pc. When I attempt to boot up my the upgraded pc I am told that the BIOS cannot find any bootable devices. From what I can tell my hardware is all in the right place. I am relatively new to this kind of thing so I am completely lost.
thanks

parts list:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A
CPU: intel core i5- 9600k
Storage: Toshiba DT01ACA100
SPCC Solid State Disk
Gpu: GTX 950
Power supply: Corsair CX430M
Ram: 32 gb

Solution
Considering the error, the problem lies in your storage somewhere - check all the wires again, try different SATA cables, both power and data, and use a different SATA header on the motherboard for your boot device if none of those work. Your PC is unable to detect an OS, like Windows 10, either because you don;t have one installed or because the boot device is not being detected.
Considering the error, the problem lies in your storage somewhere - check all the wires again, try different SATA cables, both power and data, and use a different SATA header on the motherboard for your boot device if none of those work. Your PC is unable to detect an OS, like Windows 10, either because you don;t have one installed or because the boot device is not being detected.

Solution

popatim

Titan
How did windows get on this SSD?

Z390 would use a more secure UEFI bios and they typically block disk access to drives that have a foreign OS on them. Disable Secure Boot and enable CSM in your bios and you can probably get it to TRY and boot but since the old OS has all the wrong drivers it may very well crash and burn.