[SOLVED] PC won’t boot

Jan 4, 2020
So I was getting ready to sell my PC and I unplugged it to take pictures and what not but when I went to turn it back on it did not post, the fans spin and some RGB is lit up but other RGB is not

Specs
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | $199.99 @ Best Buy
CPU Cooler | ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler | $50.00
Motherboard | Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $204.99 @ Newegg
Memory | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory | $142.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Patriot VPR100 RGB 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $164.95 @ B&H
Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB Video Card | $220.00
Case | NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case | $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $139.93 @ Newegg
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $1192.83
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 18:37 EDT-0400 |

Solution
There are a few other things that can be a cause of your problem however I doubt that to be the issue cause of the age of your system. They are a failing or dead CMOS battery or failing PSU.

Flash the Bios to Ver: 1004. and the Bios Renamer tool which will rename the file to RB550FGW.CAP.
Download the file from ASUS support to your system then use the renamer.
Transfer the renamed file to a USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition and no other files on the USB.

Power down your system so there is only power to the MB and insert the USB into the correct USB port in the rear IO panel. press the Flash button till it begins to flash and let it load. Takes a few mins and if it stops and flash button is continuously lit then something...
Jan 4, 2020
You may then have a corrupt Bios or a cold boot bug.
Try clearing CMOS and if not successful then flash your Bios to latest version using your rear IO panel and a USB.
I can help further if you need to Flash your Bios.
Are you able to access Bios?
I have cleared CMOS but haven’t tried bios flashing it yet
I’m not able to access the bios although my motherboard has a bios reset button on it

There are a few other things that can be a cause of your problem however I doubt that to be the issue cause of the age of your system. They are a failing or dead CMOS battery or failing PSU.

Flash the Bios to Ver: 1004. and the Bios Renamer tool which will rename the file to RB550FGW.CAP.
Download the file from ASUS support to your system then use the renamer.
Transfer the renamed file to a USB that is formatted to FAT32 single partition and no other files on the USB.

Power down your system so there is only power to the MB and insert the USB into the correct USB port in the rear IO panel. press the Flash button till it begins to flash and let it load. Takes a few mins and if it stops and flash button is continuously lit then something is wrong.

Refer to page 2-12 of your MB Manual should you be unsure about anything which also shows the correct usb port to use for flashback.

Last edited:
Solution