Melancholy222

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
About a week ago my PC randomly turned off while I was on a Rust server. Since then the PC doesn’t boot with my GPU hooked up to the motherboard. When I boot it without a GPU, I can’t get a signal due to not having an iGPU so im kind of stumped here. I’ve had the same PC build for about two years now. I have a brand new power supply since that was what I assumed the issue was. So far I’ve tried reseating the ram, reseating the GPU, reseating the CPU, and resetting the CMOS using the battery method. MY MAIN QUESTION IS what should I look into replacing, my motherboard or GPU?

My specs are:
MB: Aorus B450 Pro Wifi
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 16GB DDR4
PSU: EVGA 600W

Solution
Thanks for the clarification. If you have any other computers, you could try testing the GPU in those computers to see if it reproduces a similar result. I have never heard of a problem like this before from personal experience, though.
Jan 9, 2021
When you attempt to boot the machine, does it display anything? If there is video output, and you cannot reach Windows, I would be more-so concerned about the drive that the installation is on. If the GPU does not output video, you should try using the GPU in another system. If the GPU does not work in another system, you must replace the GPU. If you have any spare GPUs (emphasis on any), try using them to see if you can get some video output.

Reactions: Melancholy222

Melancholy222

Prominent
Jan 9, 2021
When you attempt to boot the machine, does it display anything? If there is video output, and you cannot reach Windows, I would be more-so concerned about the drive that the installation is on. If the GPU does not output video, you should try using the GPU in another system. If the GPU does not work in another system, you must replace the GPU. If you have any spare GPUs (emphasis on any), try using them to see if you can get some video output.

I might be confusing the word boot with just turning the PC on in general. When I try to turn on the PC with the GPU connected, the PC does not turn on at all. But when I turn on the PC without a GPU connected, it all turns on but I cannot display anything due to the Ryzen 5 2600 not having any integrated gpu.

Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the clarification. If you have any other computers, you could try testing the GPU in those computers to see if it reproduces a similar result. I have never heard of a problem like this before from personal experience, though.

Solution