Nov 13, 2022
I have a msi gaming x trio 3090 ti and back when i built the system (about half a year ago) everything worked fine but then all of a sudden my system started crashing while playing games and started bugging out really bad so I got to fixing and a new motherboard seemed to do the trick but now my system wont detect my GPU anymore. Sometimes when I go to device manager it shows it as hidden and I read online that Uninstalling the device helps but that wont help either. I would install new drivers if I knew how because it wont wont detect it anywhere. I tried flashing my bios updating it all that crap but still nothing. Also every time I start the system even if I have my GPU installed it always boots into my onboard graphics and just ignores my GPU. Please help I really dont want to buy a new GPU.

System specs:
Msi meg z590 ace
64 gigs G.SKILL TridentZ 4400
i9-11900k rocket lake
500gb nvme with windows on it
1200w Rog Thor 80+ platinum

What do you mean it "boots into your onboard graphics and ignores your GPU"

That's not possible unless you are using BOTH the graphics card and the onboard graphics by having display cables plugged into both the motherboard and the graphics card which there is very rarely ever a reason to do. You should only have display cables attached to your graphics card, only.

With your display cable or cables ONLY connected to the graphics card, it is not possible to be using the onboard graphics. It simply cannot happen. It's impossible. If you have a display cable plugged into your motherboard, unplug it and plug it into your graphics card and see if you are still having the same issues. If you have them plugged into both, unplug the one from the motherboard and retry it.

Nov 13, 2022
What do you mean it "boots into your onboard graphics and ignores your GPU"

That's not possible unless you are using BOTH the graphics card and the onboard graphics by having display cables plugged into both the motherboard and the graphics card which there is very rarely ever a reason to do. You should only have display cables attached to your graphics card, only.

With your display cable or cables ONLY connected to the graphics card, it is not possible to be using the onboard graphics. It simply cannot happen. It's impossible. If you have a display cable plugged into your motherboard, unplug it and plug it into your graphics card and see if you are still having the same issues. If you have them plugged into both, unplug the one from the motherboard and retry it.

I mean like when I turn my pc on with the display cable connected to my GPU it does nothing but when I switch it to my motherboard plug the video pops up

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. We can move on now.

So, do you know anybody with a system you can test your card in, or do you have another system in the house you can use for testing? If not, then I'd say it would be wise to RMA the graphics card. If you've already replaced the board, and had the same problem with the old board, then it's likely it's the graphics card.

However, before you do that there are a few other things we want to check including some things to do with the power supply and cables. Have you pulled the adapter from the card to check to see if it has the same problems as those that are happening to the RTX 4090 cards? Are you even AWARE of that problem with the 16 pin connector adapters on the RTX 4090 cards? Seems very likely you could have the same problem since the 3090 ti has the same power draw as the 4090 and uses the same 12vhpwr adapter.

Nov 13, 2022
Ok, that's what I wanted to know. We can move on now.

So, do you know anybody with a system you can test your card in, or do you have another system in the house you can use for testing? If not, then I'd say it would be wise to RMA the graphics card. If you've already replaced the board, and had the same problem with the old board, then it's likely it's the graphics card.

However, before you do that there are a few other things we want to check including some things to do with the power supply and cables. Have you pulled the adapter from the card to check to see if it has the same problems as those that are happening to the RTX 4090 cards? Are you even AWARE of that problem with the 16 pin connector adapters on the RTX 4090 cards? Seems very likely you could have the same problem since the 3090 ti has the same power draw as the 4090 and uses the same 12vhpwr adapter.

I dont have another system but I just called costumer support (and they were being super helpfull) and got the RMA going! Thank you so much for your help Ill keep everything up to date here when I get my GPU back.

TRENDING THREADS