Question PC won’t detect windows after installing new GPU

Jul 31, 2022
I installed a brand new 6800XT, and after installing it my computer will no longer boot past bios.
In the bios is shows both my m.2 SSD and HDD but doesn’t show either as a bootable drive.

I then installed my old GTX 1080 to see if it works, and it booted right to windows.

I have already messed with every bios setting I know of to try and get it to boot, but it seems like when the new card is plugged in that my SSD isn’t fully being read.

D

Deleted member 362816

Not sure where to find the sata modes ok my asrock bios, but when I switch back to the old gpu the drives work

When you with back the old GPU the drives work well that is really weird it has to be back feeding something.

RMA it / Return it and get a replacement.

D

Deleted member 362816

So you think it’s just a bad gpu? I literally bought it yesterday from Microcenter, so I should be able to return it

They will swap it out for you with no issues. It does happen. Your issue is quite weird and worth a shot at trying another GPU

D

Deleted member 362816

Another brand new gpu and still the same issue. Very annoying

This is pretty weird.

Only other weird issue I have seen with the 6xxx cards is RF interference with internal wifi.

What are your full system specs.

Jul 31, 2022
This is pretty weird.

Only other weird issue I have seen with the 6xxx cards is RF interference with internal wifi.

What are your full system specs.
The plot thickens… I switch from my display port to hdmi and like magic it detects my boot drive and boots to windows.
Now the issue is I have zero Wi-Fi. I have tried installing drivers for my Wi-Fi card and that didn’t fix it.
Specs listed below :

I7 12700K
6800XT Red Devil
Asrock z690 pro RS
Tforce ddr4 3600mhz ram
Inland m.w pcie nvme 1tb ssd
Asus PCE-AC58BT (Wi-Fi card)
850W EVGA Gold PSU