Question Pc won’t display and USB ports don’t work

Apr 6, 2021
Hi! So I recently attempted to build my own pc and the display + USB ports didn’t work. The fans and leds all turned on but nothing on the usb or display. I tried all of the troubleshooting, reseating the ram, the coms, rep lugging in all the cables etc etc. I even got a new psu and after plugging that in the system worked even less! Here’s my parts list https://pcpartpicker.com/user/peptobeesmol/saved/#view=BBZk99 all of them should be compatible

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using one stick of ram, populate slot A1 on the motherboard. By a new PSU, is it the same as the Silverstone listed on PCPartPicker or another? Also, why didn't you pick a 650W PSU for the entire system, that way you would've had headroom.

Breadboard the system without the second stick of ram, without the boot drive and while disconnected from the wall, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace the battery after 30 minutes.

There should be a sticker on the motherboard where you should see the BIOS version atop of the BIOS chip, can you state what BIOS version you're currently on?

Apr 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using one stick of ram, populate slot A1 on the motherboard. By a new PSU, is it the same as the Silverstone listed on PCPartPicker or another? Also, why didn't you pick a 650W PSU for the entire system, that way you would've had headroom.

Breadboard the system without the second stick of ram, without the boot drive and while disconnected from the wall, remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard. Replace the battery after 30 minutes.

There should be a sticker on the motherboard where you should see the BIOS version atop of the BIOS chip, can you state what BIOS version you're currently on?
Hi! This is my first time building a pc, so my friend picked out most of the parts.

The psu is the same silverstone, however the new one doesn’t even start up the system the fans only spin once and then don’t do anything else. (I thought I might’ve connected something wrong but I reconnected everything and it seemed to be right) I tried the original psu again and the all the fans + leds worked, but still no display or usb. I’m unsure if I should use the new psu or just stick with the old one which seems to work better?

The bios version is P3.90