[SOLVED] Pc won’t load windows/ glitchy lines on screen

Apr 5, 2020
Pc crashed a couple days ago and hasn’t been working since. Everytime I turn it on it blue screens and then tries automatic repair which doesn’t work. I’ve tried loading in safe mode and just get blue screen. Tried pretty much all of the advanced options and none work just says “there was a problem restarting your pc” etc . I’m guessing either the gpu or hard drive is dead. Also has glitchy lines on the screen since it crashed as seen in picture. Tried a clean install of windows and was able to load it once before it crashed and back to square one. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just wanna work out what is broken so I can replace
I5 4440
8gb Corsair ram
Asus gtx 760
Gigabyte motherboard
Antec 550w psu
1tb hard drive
View: https://imgur.com/a/EfxIgiZ

Solution
Going on super sketchy memory here...I seem to recall that some of those older boards were "switched" in the BIOS so far as integrated or discrete graphics.
Have you tried resetting the CMOS to see if it will show iGPU?

Beyond that, I got nothing.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Take out the GPU and try to start on your IG.

From those lines I would say GPU artifact. From the issues starting it makes me think corrupted install, perhaps from the shutdown.

Do you have any manner of bootable USB or disk? I would check to see if it will boot to that, first and then further make the decision as to try and repair current install or just wipe and clean.

Apr 5, 2020
Took out gpu and plugged vga into Mb instead but screen doesn’t show anything/ register that it’s connected. I already tried repair + clean install using usb and didn’t change anything

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Going on super sketchy memory here...I seem to recall that some of those older boards were "switched" in the BIOS so far as integrated or discrete graphics.
Have you tried resetting the CMOS to see if it will show iGPU?

Beyond that, I got nothing.

Solution

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yh u were right. Switched to ig on bios and windows now loads normally with no glitchy lines. So do u reckon the gpu is dead

My guesses would be that either something in the GPU is damaged, or that your PSU isn't putting out the proper power to it. I suspect the first more.

Might try taking off the shroud and fans, check the board, re-apply some thermal paste and see what you get?