Question Pc won’t post after cpu upgrade, tried everything!

Jul 14, 2020
Hi all,

so I’m building a little budget build. I have an ASUS P8H61-M LX2 motherboard. I’ve currently got it posting and running fine with an i3 2100.

I have tried installing a 3770 and a 3570k after updating the bios but the system will not post with either.

I have installed correctly, I have reset cmos, bios is latest version, thermal paste and cooler are installed correctly.

Pc powers up, case fans spin, leds turn on. The gpu fans spin for 3 seconds then stop.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks in advance!

Hi all,

so I’m building a little budget build. I have an ASUS P8H61-M LX2 motherboard. I’ve currently got it posting and running fine with an i3 2100.

I have tried installing a 3770 and a 3570k after updating the bios but the system will not post with either.

I have installed correctly, I have reset cmos, bios is latest version, thermal paste and cooler are installed correctly.

Pc powers up, case fans spin, leds turn on. The gpu fans spin for 3 seconds then stop.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to solve this?

thanks in advance!
Sounds like the cpu is a doa if the other cpu is working and the board is known to support the new cpu the new cpu has to be faulty.

Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the reply, I have version 0605 installed. I have tried to connect directly to motherboard with the gpu disconnected. It’s annoying I had the 3570k but thought it might be faulty so bought a cheap 3770 and still same problem.

I will try again incase I forgot a cmos reset last time though

Jul 14, 2020
make and model of the psu? what cpu cooler?
Aerocool king 500w, best I could get in budget with current prices. I’ve also tested with my evga 850w gold from my system and same thing happens. So I ruled out the psu as the kulprit.

it’s a cooler master 240mm aio with arctic mx4 paste so if anything it’s overkill for this but shouldn’t pose any problems right?

Jul 14, 2020
Sounds like the cpu is a doa if the other cpu is working and the board is known to support the new cpu the new cpu has to be faulty.

that’s what I first thought with the 3570k so I bought a 3770 which also has the same exact issues so I’m leaning towards something else. Kind of at the point of just selling all of this and starting from scratch, I’ve had to buy 3 CPUs including the i3 to install the new bios now. Very frustrating!

TRENDING THREADS