[SOLVED] Pc won’t post after ram installation unless I clear cmos pins.

Feb 26, 2021
I have an Alienware aurora r7. I had two 8 gb sticks of 1666 MHz ram and bought 4 new 8gb 3600 mhz ram and now my pc won’t post. I’ve checked all of the cables, gpu, and ram installation. Everything is tight and in place. I get only get the pc to post once I clear the cmos by moving the pins. When it posts. I get a support assist screen saying “real-time clock error, system cmos checksum bad, time of day not set. Please run setup program. I can hit continue with takes me to desktop. Bios setup which crashes the computer. And diagnostics. When I try to turn on the pc without clearing cmos the fans rev up then stop and I get 4 flashing yellow lights which means memory or ram failure. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried all the basic troubleshooting for the past 3 hours.

Solution
I have an Alienware aurora r7. I had two 8 gb sticks of 1666 MHz ram and bought 4 new 8gb 3600 mhz ram and now my pc won’t post. I’ve checked all of the cables, gpu, and ram installation. Everything is tight and in place. I get only get the pc to post once I clear the cmos by moving the pins. When it posts. I get a support assist screen saying “real-time clock error, system cmos checksum bad, time of day not set. Please run setup program. I can hit continue with takes me to desktop. Bios setup which crashes the computer. And diagnostics. When I try to turn on the pc without clearing cmos the fans rev up then stop and I get 4 flashing yellow lights which means memory or ram failure. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried all the basic...
I have an Alienware aurora r7. I had two 8 gb sticks of 1666 MHz ram and bought 4 new 8gb 3600 mhz ram and now my pc won’t post. I’ve checked all of the cables, gpu, and ram installation. Everything is tight and in place. I get only get the pc to post once I clear the cmos by moving the pins. When it posts. I get a support assist screen saying “real-time clock error, system cmos checksum bad, time of day not set. Please run setup program. I can hit continue with takes me to desktop. Bios setup which crashes the computer. And diagnostics. When I try to turn on the pc without clearing cmos the fans rev up then stop and I get 4 flashing yellow lights which means memory or ram failure. I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried all the basic troubleshooting for the past 3 hours.
Put the orig ram back in the machine and get it to boot and run.
Then go here and run the scan to show you what needs updating.
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/alienware-aurora-r7-desktop/drivers

Solution

TRENDING THREADS