[SOLVED] PC Won’t Post After Setting RAM to Specified Speed in Ryzen Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2021
SOLVED: turns out I had reset the BIOS, I was just incapable of seating the Ram properly. Everything works fine and nothing is broken!

Hey All,

Yesterday I got a 3600xt to replace my 3100. I put in the CPU and everything worked perfectly fine straight away. I started over clocking on Ryzen Master and after countless crashes due to instability, I finally found a stable clock at 4.55 GHz all core (I had done this same thing on my 3100 to get it up to 4.4 GHz all core).

Late last night however, I noticed that Ryzen Master had reset the XMP profile and dropped the fabric clock to something like 1333 MHz I didn’t fully pay attention, and changed the memory clock to something different. So instead of doing the smart thing and going back into the BIOS and turning XMP back on, I set my overclock to “included” on the memory section, adjusted both the Memory and Fabric clock to be 1600 MHz. I hit “apply” and Ryzen Master said that I needed to restart, so I did… what I didn’t know was that there was apparently a windows update that needed a restart to install… by this point it was 2:00 am and I was tired, so I saw the windows update screen and left it there as I went to bed.

I woke up this morning to see black screens on both monitors, all fans spinning like normal and the rgb on the fans also on (sata powered). What wasn’t on however, was the rgb on the ram. The motherboard also had lights above “DRAM” and “CPU”. I immediately started basic troubleshooting, I took out my boot drive, I re-seated the Graphics Card, re-seated the RAM, tried installing each individual stick in each individual slot. I even put the 3100 back into the system. Nothing worked. I tried clearing the CMOS, removing the battery, shorting the clear CMOS jumper, replacing the CMOS battery, everything.

As a last resort, I drove to a friends house to borrow their old 1x8 Corsair LPX 2400 MHz kit. I tried that every single slot and same issue.

Please help.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600xt / Ryzen 3 3100
Asrock B550m Pro4
Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super Windforce OC
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8 3200 MHz cl16
(Corsair LPX 1x8 2400 MHz cl16 for Troubleshooting)
2x Crucial MX500 1TB Sata
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB (Boot Drive)
6x Cooler Master SF120 ARGB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.