Question PC Won’t POST No Beep Fans Spin

Apr 11, 2019
My PC will not POST for anything. I have put off fixing it since January and I’m starting to regret it. I bought a PC speaker for 5$ and plugged it in hoping to get a code for thenproblem and nothing sounds! This is really frustrating and any help is appreciated. Thank You!

PS I have replaced the CMOS battery and still nothing.

My build contains
FX 4300
Asus M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3
8GB Patriot PC3-12800
GT 730
Rosewill ARC450 PSU
32GB SSD
1TB HDD
Corsair Spec-04 Tempered Glass

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
It could be from a myriad of reasons. It could be finicky memory modules, a missing 4 pin connector to your motherboard that many builders sometimes forget, a faulty PSU, bad GPU, incorrect hard drive connections etc...

Start from the basics. If your motherboard has an integrated graphics port use that firstly. If you have 2 or more mem sticks use only 1 for now. Make sure all connectors are correctly put in place and seated. Plug in only 1 storage drive for now and hope for the best and fire it up. Good luck!

Hugo_Jimenez

Reputable
Mar 25, 2016
As stated above, i believe it is bad ram. I have had motherboard do nothing if the ram is bad. Make sure everything is unplugged and pull out the ram and run it with only one stick, Usually its slow number 2 from left to right. If you only have 2 slots i believe its slow number 1. If it still doesnt come on try taking out that stick and trying the other one. Maybe borrow a stick from a friend if you can and test it out. Could be a bad power supply. Make sure everything is properly plugged in and flush.

Apr 11, 2019
This is a replacement PSU because I had a Cybertron PC PSU in it but I replaced it because it had no 80+ rating. The Cybertron PC PSU doesn’t work either so it is not the PSU. I have completely rebuilt the computer and I was sure to plug in all of the connections. My motherboard manual says my computer has integrated graphics and I still get nothing if I plug it into the motherboard. I only have 1x8 go stick of RAM so it might be the RAM. I’ll pick up a cheap stick off of Ebay to find out.

PS I have already tried to put the RAM in all 4 slots and same outcome.