[SOLVED] PC Won’t post

Nov 15, 2019
Hi all,

Playing my PC today and it randomly turned off and when I startthe PC back up the PC would power up but not post. I can’t even turn the PC off unless I turn off the power at the back of the PC.

A few months ago I did upgrade my graphics card, new PSU and motherboard. This issue did happen before and I left the PC on and it did eventually randomly post but it’s happened again today and I can’t get it to post.

I tired a CMOS clear which didn’t seem to work and try powering it up by taking parts out but still can’t seem to find the issue. I would naturally think it’s the PSU but with it new I can’t see that being the issue.
Any advice or help would be great

Solution
Problem is not power, it's quality. It's a common misconception that "more power = good" when in fact people needed better quality, not more wattage. To put it simply:

A good quality 650W = Fine, no problems, can run most systems with headroom.
A poor quality 650W = Potential stability issues, restarts, damage to other components etc and in worst cases, fire.

I'm going to assume based on that you have a Corsair CX650 - in which case it's a decent PSU, depending on how long you've also had it, as PSUs - like all components - deteriorate over time. A top quality PSU I would've used 10 years ago is not one I would use today.

All in all, with just the barebones of info described, I'd sooner be looking at PSU. I'd be checking motherboard...
Nov 15, 2019
This sounds crazy but it’s working now after I let it run for around 1 hour! Sorry for wasting your time.

but any reason why this happens? I don’t understand how it fixes it self? Is this a common issue I’m just so confused.

thanks

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
but any reason why this happens? I don’t understand how it fixes it self? Is this a common issue I’m just so confused.
I would be asking the same question as above my friend :) Would need to know full spec first.

Usually if something "fixes itself" it tends to mean it could just happen again later on down the line -as it appears you said has already happened once - I would say there is nothing fixed, instead you have something going wrong that can pass for a period of time after it's left for a bit.

Nov 15, 2019
Exactly what i was thinking to!

Ryzen 5 Core 6 1600
Gigabyte AB350
GeForce GTX 1660 TI
16GB RAM Vengence
Im not sure of the PSU as I took the PC to the shop to get fixed but they assured me it was more than enough power and i know its a corsair maybe 650x?

Do you need any more thanks :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Problem is not power, it's quality. It's a common misconception that "more power = good" when in fact people needed better quality, not more wattage. To put it simply:

A good quality 650W = Fine, no problems, can run most systems with headroom.
A poor quality 650W = Potential stability issues, restarts, damage to other components etc and in worst cases, fire.

I'm going to assume based on that you have a Corsair CX650 - in which case it's a decent PSU, depending on how long you've also had it, as PSUs - like all components - deteriorate over time. A top quality PSU I would've used 10 years ago is not one I would use today.

All in all, with just the barebones of info described, I'd sooner be looking at PSU. I'd be checking motherboard debug LEDs if possible and have a motherboard speaker installed to see if there are any indications by the MB in the future.

Solution