[SOLVED] PC won’t post

Oct 11, 2020
i710700K
(Previous) gigabyte z490 gaming
(New)Asus z490 rog strix e gaming
(Old) Corsair vengeance 3200mhz
(New)Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb ddr 2666mhz(compatible according to asus)

Last few weeks I’ve been nonstop troubleshooting and finally resorted to posting my issue.

Pc won’t post with compatible ram, unless it’s one stick of a old hyper x fury ram at 2133 in slot A2.

Came home one day, pc wouldn’t start.
Tried restarting, dram light.
Tried hyper x ram from friend, pc post w one in A2.
Thought my ram or my gigabyte motherboard was bad.
I bought both new board and ram. Now I get code 55 which is “memory not installed” double checked to make sure 2666 MHz ram was compatible w new asus board. RAM is firmly in place. No post.
Ironically after testing all the new ram I bought none of them work. The one stick of hyper x fury in a2 made my new mobo post.
I’ve seen completed builds with the same asus motherboard and Corsair vengeance rgb pro working out.

My cpu WAS overclocked at one point for months before this happened. Working fineIt was OC from 3.8 to 4.7

Maybe something happened due to my OC?
When my pc does post with one stick of ram, bios claims nothing is wrong with my pc, it’s reset to 3.8

Just lost rn lol really it’s like my cpu only works under a certain condition. Mobo and ram are brand new.
Only ram that causes post is 1 hyper x fury 4gb 2133 MHz, not even two sticks of that work.

Solution
Clear CMOS and update your Bios to 0707 using flashback on your rear IO panel. Follow instructions for Bios flashback as per page 2-17 in your manual.

If no go then:
Check your MB CPU socket for bent pins. Remount the processor being careful to tighten down from opposing corners to finger tight only.

List your RAM P/N ?
Clear CMOS and update your Bios to 0707 using flashback on your rear IO panel. Follow instructions for Bios flashback as per page 2-17 in your manual.

If no go then:
Check your MB CPU socket for bent pins. Remount the processor being careful to tighten down from opposing corners to finger tight only.

List your RAM P/N ?

Solution
Oct 11, 2020

If no go then:

List your RAM P/N ?
Thank you for your reply.
I did this actually before posting the question. It didn’t work out either.
I bought the same exact cpu today and it seems that something within my cpu went bad. All purchased rams now work. Everything is running smoothly!
SOLVED

TRENDING THREADS