Question PC won’t power cycles with CPU cord plugged in after being moved

Dec 22, 2020
So I got a new desk and moved my PC. After setting it back up I tried to power it on and it didn’t come on. Everything was working fine no more than 30 minutes before this.
I checked the power cable and all other cables in the PC. Disconnected everything from the PSU and plugged in one by one. PC ran fine until I plugged in the CPU cable and it immediately shuts off, clicks, and tries to power up again before repeating the process about a second later.
I haven’t taken the CPU out yet to look at it because I don’t have a long enough Philips screwdriver to remove the CPU cooler. All the parts are about 3 years old.
Is it possible I bent a pin or two when I moved it or could the cable have shorted out that quickly?

So I got a new desk and moved my PC. After setting it back up I tried to power it on and it didn’t come on. Everything was working fine no more than 30 minutes before this.
I checked the power cable and all other cables in the PC. Disconnected everything from the PSU and plugged in one by one. PC ran fine until I plugged in the CPU cable and it immediately shuts off, clicks, and tries to power up again before repeating the process about a second later.
I haven’t taken the CPU out yet to look at it because I don’t have a long enough Philips screwdriver to remove the CPU cooler. All the parts are about 3 years old.
Is it possible I bent a pin or two when I moved it or could the cable have shorted out that quickly?
Try resetting your bios. Remove power cord from psu, remove bios battery from mobo "watch type battery" then hold power button on case for 30s x2 times then reseat battery and power cord try booting syster

Dec 22, 2020
Try resetting your bios. Remove power cord from psu, remove bios battery from mobo "watch type battery" then hold power button on case for 30s x2 times then reseat battery and power cord try booting syster
that worked. Thank you so much!
Just for my understanding for the future, what would cause my PC to do that? Was it the unplugging that just messed up the bios?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS