Question PC won’t power on after AC power Loss

Apr 11, 2021
Recently I converted my computer into a mining rig, and after adding another card now the computer will not power up after AC power loss. In the bios the ‘Restore power after AC power loss’ is on ‘Power On’. This worked before I added then second card and I cannot find out why. This is an annoying issue as I will not be here to turn it off if we expericent a power outage which are frequent. I also have no wireless card so seemingly can’t use wake on LAN. Please help I’ve been stuck all day.

system Specs,

MB - Asus Prime z270-p

RAM - 2x corsair vengance 8gb

GPU’s RTX 2070 Super by gigabyte and MSI Gaming X GTX 1060 6gb

PSU - Corsair RM Series RM750 750W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply (had it since march)

CPU - Intel Core i7 7700 Processor CPU 3.6 GHz

OS - Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Monitor - Acer Nitro XV3 series

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Prior to the full power loss there may have been a brownout which may have damaged the PSU and even other components.

All the more so if the computer was mining at some high level of power demand .

Apr 11, 2021
Thank you for the reply! I have had brown outs in the past, however the issue began when I dissassembled the PC in order to install a case fan. On assembly I found a weird bug with my 2070 super, where it would not push the BIOS signal to my monitor. However I though it was a BIOS issue, so reset and reinstalled the BIOS, only to find that if I just took an output from my 1060, suddenly I could see the BIOS screen on my monitor. It was after this that the issue occured as during trying to fix this issue the computer would power on by itself after power loss. However after configuring the BIOS to power on after AC power loss, after resetting it, would no longer power back on if there was a loss and regain of power. Hope this gives more detail into the issue!