Question Pc won’t start after cleaning

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
So today I decided to clean my pc. Their was nothing wrong with it. It just got a little dusty inside so I went and got some compressed air. I took it all apart and blew everything clean. When I put it back together it won’t power on. The cpu fan try’s to spin, the led lights try to turn on, and the cpu debug light turns on for a split second then it shuts off. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with it before.

Specs
Gpu- evga gtx 1060 sc
Cpu-i5 7600k
Motherboard- msi h110 gaming
Psu- evga 500w 80+
Ram- Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb (8x2)

helper800

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
So today I decided to clean my pc. Their was nothing wrong with it. It just got a little dusty inside so I went and got some compressed air. I took it all apart and blew everything clean. When I put it back together it won’t power on. The cpu fan try’s to spin, the led lights try to turn on, and the cpu debug light turns on for a split second then it shuts off. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with it before.

Specs
Gpu- evga gtx 1060 sc
Cpu-i5 7600k
Motherboard- msi h110 gaming
Psu- evga 500w 80+
Ram- Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb (8x2)
Try taking out a RAM stick and reboot.

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Did you unscrew anything? How bad was the dust? Did you wear an anti-static wrist strap or at least touch your grounded psu/case?
I did touch grounded case. I pulled the graphics card out and pulled the motherboard out. I left the cpu and ram all attached. I also pulled the psu out and blew it all clean. It was about a years worth of dust.

helper800

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
I did touch grounded case. I pulled the graphics card out and pulled the motherboard out. I left the cpu and ram all attached. I also pulled the psu out and blew it all clean. It was about a years worth of dust.
Did you make sure that everything is plugged back in from the PSU? The 4-pin cpu power cord? Did you properly reseat the motherboard on the mounting screws? Did you touch the components after handling a lot of the dust in the hands? Did you reseat the CPU cooler?

I can sympathize. I did the same thing about 5 years ago and I am pretty sure I ESDed the MOBO and had to find a replacement when it wasn't being made anymore.

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Did you make sure that everything is plugged back in from the PSU? The 4-pin cpu power cord? Did you properly reseat the motherboard on the mounting screws? Did you touch the components after handling a lot of the dust in the hands? Did you reseat the CPU cooler?

I can sympathize. I did the same thing about 5 years ago and I am pretty sure I ESDed the MOBO and had to find a replacement when it wasn't being made anymore.
I didn’t reseat the cpu cooler I’ll try that tomorrow and get back to you. If that does not do it I’ll look into problems with the mobo it’s self

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
I went to my buddy’s house and hooked his psu up to it and it started right up. I guess my psu pooped when I took it out. Thanks for all the help guys

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS