Question Pc won’t start after cleaning

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
So today I decided to clean my pc. Their was nothing wrong with it. It just got a little dusty inside so I went and got some compressed air. I took it all apart and blew everything clean. When I put it back together it won’t power on. The cpu fan try’s to spin, the led lights try to turn on, and the cpu debug light turns on for a split second then it shuts off. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with it before.

Specs
Gpu- evga gtx 1060 sc
Cpu-i5 7600k
Motherboard- msi h110 gaming
Psu- evga 500w 80+
Ram- Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb (8x2)

So today I decided to clean my pc. Their was nothing wrong with it. It just got a little dusty inside so I went and got some compressed air. I took it all apart and blew everything clean. When I put it back together it won’t power on. The cpu fan try’s to spin, the led lights try to turn on, and the cpu debug light turns on for a split second then it shuts off. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with it before.

Specs
Gpu- evga gtx 1060 sc
Cpu-i5 7600k
Motherboard- msi h110 gaming
Psu- evga 500w 80+
Ram- Corsair vengeance rgb pro 16gb (8x2)
Try taking out a RAM stick and reboot.

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Did you unscrew anything? How bad was the dust? Did you wear an anti-static wrist strap or at least touch your grounded psu/case?
I did touch grounded case. I pulled the graphics card out and pulled the motherboard out. I left the cpu and ram all attached. I also pulled the psu out and blew it all clean. It was about a years worth of dust.

I did touch grounded case. I pulled the graphics card out and pulled the motherboard out. I left the cpu and ram all attached. I also pulled the psu out and blew it all clean. It was about a years worth of dust.
Did you make sure that everything is plugged back in from the PSU? The 4-pin cpu power cord? Did you properly reseat the motherboard on the mounting screws? Did you touch the components after handling a lot of the dust in the hands? Did you reseat the CPU cooler?

I can sympathize. I did the same thing about 5 years ago and I am pretty sure I ESDed the MOBO and had to find a replacement when it wasn't being made anymore.

hunter.s2019

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Did you make sure that everything is plugged back in from the PSU? The 4-pin cpu power cord? Did you properly reseat the motherboard on the mounting screws? Did you touch the components after handling a lot of the dust in the hands? Did you reseat the CPU cooler?

I can sympathize. I did the same thing about 5 years ago and I am pretty sure I ESDed the MOBO and had to find a replacement when it wasn't being made anymore.
I didn’t reseat the cpu cooler I’ll try that tomorrow and get back to you. If that does not do it I’ll look into problems with the mobo it’s self