Question PC won’t start after turning PSU off overnight ?

Dec 25, 2021
Last night I was playing my pic like normal, played for a few hours everything was good, and then decided to go to bed so I shut it down. I didn’t want to have the bright leds in while I slept so I turned my power off by the switch and went to bed. This morning I wake up and I turn the power supply back on and go to turn my pc on and it doesn’t turn on. All of my fans turn on, my ram leds turn on, cooler lights turn on, but I don’t get any display or post beeps. Just a black screen with everything running.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Hardware specs would be nice, for psu =maker+model+wattage.

Tried a clear cmos?
Reconnect cables and maybe reseat stuff like gpu and ram, see if that helps.

Wouldn't shut down m y pc every night pulling the plug or switch it of at the back of the psu, just put a cloth over the pc.

Dec 25, 2021
Case is thermaltake tower 100
Mobo is gigabyte b550i sours pro ax
Ram is trident gskill z neo 32gb (2x16)
Cpu ryzen 7 5800x
Psu is corsair rmx850
Gpu is nvidia 1660ti, had to rma my 3080 ti recently as it died in this build.
SSD is just Samsung or m.2, I can’t remember the exact model.
I don’t typically turn off my power supply, my girlfriend was out of town so I just slept in the room since I was already there.
But I’ve constantly had issues like this when removing or adding things to the system after which I would spend 2 a disassembling and reassembling the build to get it to work. This is the first time it’s happened when turning off the power supply. I’ve never had this issue with any build.

Dec 25, 2021
Windows install was a fresh install from usb from the Microsoft website downloaded when I purchased my parts , this is also a build that’s only 3 months old. Everything this pc is fresh other than the 1660ti

Dec 25, 2021
Windows install was a fresh install from usb from the Microsoft website downloaded when I purchased my parts , this is also a build that’s only 3 months old. Everything this pc is fresh other than the 1660ti
But the issue here should be windows, as everything is powering on, but I’m. It getting any post beeps, not one saying the system is ok, or any with errors. Everything just powers on and I don’t have display.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
So the RTX 3080 TI died in this system, and other issues, would rebuild it and make sure you have no shorts like motherboard stand offs in the wrong place, which i admit would be hard in such a small case. Really look at the motherboard manual.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Switching off the psu shouldn't have done anything. Im wondering you may have bumped something else, like the video cable. If you had to move or reach behind the case. Did you try replugging it? And check monitor end of cable as well.

Dec 25, 2021
The case form factor is extremely small, the smallest case I’ve ever used so I didn’t move it at all, it’s on the corner of my desk so I have clearance on one side

Dec 25, 2021
This is a recurring problem that I’ve faced on multiple occasions, mainly anytime I’ve done anything to the system. I purchased new fans and installed them and was met with the same problem a month back and had to reseat everything in the system to get it to boot up. It’s acting the same way, just being triggered by turning off the power supply. I had my 3080 daisy chained and I believe that was my issue and mistake on that end. I can move the 1660 to test it but I don’t believe anything has happened to it as it isn’t the first time I’ve seen these symptoms on this build. But yea this is all powered by cords that came with the psu.