[SOLVED] PC won’t start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2020
Hello,

i am kinda new to building a PC myself. I‘ve had a custom-built PC (AMD fx-8350, Gigabyte Mainboard, ASUS ROG GTX 1060 OC, etc.). It had been having some problems recently (crashes, not recognizing HDDs/SSDs), so I decided to upgrade my CPU/motherboard/RAM.

i bought a Ryzen 3700X, a Gigabyte B450 Gaming X motherboard and 16GB memory (2x 8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair Vengeance). So I built that all in my case and everything seemed good - at least until I tried starting the PC. Nothing happened...

I suspected my motherboard was broken and got a replacement, but that changed nothing.

Then I suspected a compatibility problem and got the ASRock Steel Legend B450 motherboard.

So I put that in my case, but still nothing, it just won’t start (no signal to monitor or even the fans turning on), but there is power on the USB ports.

im really running out of ideas, my current guess is a somehow faulty PSU, so I ordered a new one today (old one Thermaltake Berlin 630W). The memory doesn’t seem to be the problem (I tried running it with both sticks, just one [tried both] or none) and the CPU seems fine too (nothing bent or sth like that).

i tried clearing the CMOS on all three boards, but that didn’t help. And yes, the front panel PW Switch was correctly on the right pins, tried using a screwdriver to short-circuit it too.

anybody have any ideas what could be broken?

thanks in advance!

Solution
400 series might need bios update to work with 3000 series ryzen
are you using that 1060 gpu?

full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Mar 21, 2020
400 series might need bios update to work with 3000 series ryzen
are you using that 1060 gpu?

full system spec? include make and model of the psu

My current build is:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - AS Rock B450 Steel Legend (tried two Gigabyte B450 Gaming X) - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (2x 8 GB 3200Mhz DDR4) - ASUS ROG Nvidia 1060 OC 6 GB - Thermaltake Berlin 630W - Toshiba TR 150 SSD 500 GB - WD Black 2 TB

yeah need a BIOS update for that MB and do a clean win 10 install when you get that sorted

My bad, I forgot to mention that, all three motherboards came pre-installed with the required BIOS version.

my current PSU is the Thermaltake Berlin 630W and yes, I am using that GPU.

what I should also mention, with my old system (AMD fix 8350, etc.) the PC works fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.