Question PC Won’t stay shut down

Feb 5, 2020
I recently installed a gigabyte gc-wb1733d-i wireless internet adapter to my PC.
I’ve had no issues with my pc until I installed this hardware. Since it’s been installed my PC won’t shut down.

If I go Start - shut down. The power goes off then powers back on straight away. If I hold my PC’s power button it’ll power off but as soon as I release the button it powers back on.

I turned off the waking tick box for all of my network adapters after reading a few forums but I still have the issue. Also installed drivers, updated windows 10 and unplugged the antenna. If I turn off the switch to the PCs power supply and turn it back on then it doesn’t start up until I press the power button. But then I can’t shut it down again.

Anyone have any ideas at all?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the age of your PSU as well and the version for Windows 10. Also check which version of BIOS you're running for your motherboard. Did you manually install the drivers for your networking card after installing it into your system?

Feb 5, 2020
Thanks Lutfij,

CPU: i5 - 7600K
Motherboard: MSI Z270 A PRO
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 1.60 dated 29/06/2018 (most recent version on website)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x 8gb 2133 mhz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB and Western Digital 1TB HDD
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX1060 3gb
PSU: EVGA 750 GQ 80+ Gold 750W (3 years old)
Chassis: Deepcool Tesseract

Did you manually install the drivers for your networking card after installing it into your system? The networking card came with a disk that had the drivers. However, as I don't have a disk drive, I installed the card to my PC. Then went on the Gigabyte website and downloaded the bluetooth and Wifi drivers so they're all up to date.

The devices are not allowed to wake up the PC but as soon as the PC is shut down it turns back on instantly.