PC Won’t turn on but part of gpu light is on

katelynliu805

Prominent
Oct 28, 2018
I built my pc yesterday and for a few minutes it was working fine until I decided to pull out the psu plug without actually switching the psu off. After that the pc wouldn’t turn on and only part of the gpu lights were on (not the led lights). Neither of the fans would spin and the cd rom wouldn’t work

katelynliu805

Prominent
Oct 28, 2018

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560
RAM: Team Elite DDR4 2400MHZ 8 GB
MOBO: ASROCK B250M-PRO4 LGA 1151
GPU: Asus AMD RADEON RX 570
PSU: Antec - 600W ATX Power Supply
CASE: CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC 03
STORGE: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Cheers :))

When you say the PSU plug, do you mean from the power or from the motherboard? Could be dead motherboard or power supply, unplug from wall power, remove CMOS battery, hold in the power button for about 10 seconds, plug everything back in, see if it turns on. Try removing the RAM, does the system give you error beeps?

katelynliu805

Prominent
Oct 28, 2018
Psu is working fine as I already tested it by using s paperclip. I've tried removing the ram and gpu and the pic still doesn't post. I've also tried resetting CMOS by moving the jumper to the other pin.

Removing the RAM won't help the system start, but it there are no error beeps it would point to a bad motherboard as the likely source of the issue, as long as the power supply is good. Best thing to do is test the system with another power supply (borrow from a friend maybe), or contact the motherboard vendor for an RMA if you want to try a different motherboard.