Question PC won’t turn on. Computer fans start up for a second and then stop.

May 30, 2021
Hi, about three weeks ago I had an issue with pressing the power button on my computer, the lights and fans turning on for a moment, and then stopping. I tried to go through threads here to figure out my issue. I cleaned some dust from the inside, I took out my RAM, and started to try and figure out if my PSU was the issue.

I ran the paper clip test and found that my PSU is fine and when I plugged everything back in, ready to give up, the computer started up. A little slow at first, but I was able to use it for the next two weeks without an issue.

I’ve been away from home this past week, and today I tried to turn on my computer again for the first time in that week. It is having the same issues. I unplugged everything and ran the paper clip test, the same as before, to see if that was a solution last time. This time I have the same results, the PSU fan is spinning fine, but when I plugged everything back in, this time it still won’t turn on.

Kind of at a loss of what to do. Wondering if this behavior (fixing itself after paper clip test the first time, not turning on after a week without use) sounds familiar to anyone?

Jul 28, 2021
Hi, about three weeks ago I had an issue with pressing the power button on my computer, the lights and fans turning on for a moment, and then stopping. I tried to go through threads here to figure out my issue. I cleaned some dust from the inside, I took out my RAM, and started to try and figure out if my PSU was the issue.

I ran the paper clip test and found that my PSU is fine and when I plugged everything back in, ready to give up, the computer started up. A little slow at first, but I was able to use it for the next two weeks without an issue.

I’ve been away from home this past week, and today I tried to turn on my computer again for the first time in that week. It is having the same issues. I unplugged everything and ran the paper clip test, the same as before, to see if that was a solution last time. This time I have the same results, the PSU fan is spinning fine, but when I plugged everything back in, this time it still won’t turn on.

Kind of at a loss of what to do. Wondering if this behavior (fixing itself after paper clip test the first time, not turning on after a week without use) sounds familiar to anyone?
Did you find a fix?