Jul 31, 2019
I9-9900k

Gigabyte Aorus master z390

32gig tridentz 3000

Gigabyte 980ti windforce 3x oc

Evga 850 supernova gold

Nzxt Kraken x62

2 noctua nf-a14

Woke up this morning to my computer seeming like it was in sleep mode... no fans running no gpu no monitors ... I always wake up to it in sleep mode so I dident think anything of it... but when I tried to wake it nothing happened... I held the power button to completely turn it off.. after a minute I turned her back on and instead of booting it just looked like it was in sleep again.. no fans, no boot, no anything but ram and Mobo rgb lights and my usb 4tb drive... tryed to use on board mobo reset and still same thing no fans, no boot, no video just rgb lights and my usb 4tb drive .... I unplugged everything from the mother board but one stick of ram and unplugged the gpu from the power and pcie and turned it on... finally power.. after a couple bios resets from me pressing the mobo reset switch it booted... I turned off the pc plugged the 2nd stick of ram back in... booted no issue... then I plugged my monitor into the on board graphics... booted no issue and had video.... after a shut down I plugged in my GPU to the pcie and did not connect the power and it booted just fine... I plugged my power to the gpu and same issue as first.. no fans, no boot, nothing but rgb lights...

The question here is I don’t know if it’s my gpu or my psu going bad.....

Can a psu like partially Go bad and on the verge of dying to not turn on with a heavy load while connected to the gpu??

I’m just trying to figure out what I need to buy.. please only respond if you are sure you know what the problem might be because I will have to replace this possibly today since my work is done with my computer so your answers will result in me buying a new psu or gpu...

Edit....
When my gpu is connect to power I get nothing but rgb ram lights.. not even my mobo code indicator

Last edited: