Question PC won’t turn on unless graphics card is removed and CPU fan is unplugged

stonekalnins

Commendable
May 19, 2018
Yeah, it’s very weird I know. Basically, I tried to turn on my PC tonight and nothing happened. Cool, had this before it sucks but whatever I usually unplug the 24 pin on the motherboard and I’m good to go. So, I try that and it doesn’t work. After an hour or two I find that my pc will boot after taking out the processor and putting it back in.

However, I had forgotten to plug in my cpu fan and my graphics card wasn’t plugged into the PCI slot. I quickly plugged in my cpu fan so it wouldn’t overheat. I then turned off my PC so I could put my graphics card in and be set to go. However, it wouldn’t turn on. It was then that I realized my PC only turns on if the graphics card is not plugged into a PCI slot and if my cpu fan is unplugged.

I tried bypassing this by plugging my cpu fan into where my case fan plugs in and it turned on, but no image boots and I need my graphics card in there anyway.

In summary, my pc won’t turn on unless the graphics card is unplugged as is the cpu fan. Please help if any of you have a possible fix or any idea what the problem is, I think the PCI slot and cpu fan slots are broken but I need to find out before I spend $80 that I don’t have on a new motherboard.

stonekalnins

Commendable
May 19, 2018
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

CPU: X4 880k
GPU: Gigabyte RX 460 4GB
MOBO: MSI A68HM-E33 V2
RAM: Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4) I think core clock is 1333
PSU: Cybetron 500W ATX Power Supply

It is worth noting that yesterday it ended up powering on after I tried turning it on one last time, but this morning it won't turn on.