Question pc won’t turn on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 25, 2019
Ok so i had my old pc and it wasn’t working at all so i bought a new pc and used the same graphics card every fan is on every rgb light is on but the monitor still says no signal. so i have tried so many things with my gpu hdmi doesn’t work dvi to hdmi doesn’t work hdmi to vga doesn’t work what hell do i do i can’t afford another god damn card
GPU:GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MoBo:B450W Asrock
RAM: 2x8 Trident RGB
PSU:Corsair RM750X (Never really used it bought it a month or two ago)

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
I don't want to intrude, but here is usually what I do when faced with a system that turns on but doesn't display output:

First, double check to see if all the cables outside the actual cause are firmly plugged in; no need to go poking around in the case if the problem is external. Check things like monitor cables, power cables, and the wall outlet (be careful not to shock yourself). If the problem still persists, unplug the power from your machine, and hold the power button down for around 15 seconds. This should clear the CMOS—the motherboard storage—which could be causing display issues.

If you have to open the case, the first thing I would do would be to re-seat the video card and the RAM. Just a side note: you can press the RAM a lot harder than you think. Make sure the clips on the side are open (before installation), and push firmly until it snaps into place.

After re-seating the RAM and the video card, check the system again. If it still is not working, take out the CPU (carefully) and check both it and its socket to make sure none of the pins are bend. Also check to see if any of the capacitors on the motherboard have burst, are leaking, or are swollen.

TRENDING THREADS