Question pc won’t turn on

May 25, 2019
Ok so i had my old pc and it wasn’t working at all so i bought a new pc and used the same graphics card every fan is on every rgb light is on but the monitor still says no signal. so i have tried so many things with my gpu hdmi doesn’t work dvi to hdmi doesn’t work hdmi to vga doesn’t work what hell do i do i can’t afford another god damn card
GPU:GTX 1050 Ti 4G OC
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MoBo:B450W Asrock
RAM: 2x8 Trident RGB
PSU:Corsair RM750X (Never really used it bought it a month or two ago)

Last edited:

zalex820

Honorable
Jun 6, 2014
Ok so i had my old pc and it wasn’t working at all so i bought a new pc and used the same graphics card every fan is on every rgb light is on but the monitor still says no signal. so i have tried so many things with my gpu hdmi doesn’t work dvi to hdmi doesn’t work hdmi to vga doesn’t work what hell do i do i can’t afford another god damn card
I'm no expert but what if you plug your HDMI into the main motherboard? If it works try downloading drivers? Maybe see if you can find another GPU to test with?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Plus, if the graphic card is not working in your computer, and you tested it in another computer it could be a faulty one or dead.
Or your power supply is not powerful enough to power your computer with a graphic card anymore.

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well you can't basically test it with your motherboard, there is not PCI connected to it, and laptops only has output for video not input so you basically cant use the laptop screen to test.
Go to a local shop or ask a friend and try your GPU on their motherboard or something and report back, else i don't really see any other problems here, i would assume its the GPU that is faulty or something.
Unless, if you test your power supply on another rig and see if that rig will work or not, some power supply can be DoE or faulty from the box.

May 25, 2019
Well you can't basically test it with your motherboard, there is not PCI connected to it, and laptops only has output for video not input so you basically cant use the laptop screen to test.
Go to a local shop or ask a friend and try your GPU on their motherboard or something and report back, else i don't really see any other problems here, i would assume its the GPU that is faulty or something.
Unless, if you test your power supply on another rig and see if that rig will work or not, some power supply can be DoE or faulty from the box.
Well one thing I should mention is when i turn on the pc the fan for the psu doesn’t work after working for 2 seconds

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well the power supply you have, has a zero rpm fan mode, it will never run until reached to a certain temp and at beginning when powering on, the fan will do a test spin for a sec or two and then it will turn off.
The power supply you have is way more than what you need, you will never get to see the fan running.
The power supply i have never seen the fan work, i never reached that amount of heat on it even when overclocking or gaming.

May 25, 2019
Well the power supply you have, has a zero rpm fan mode, it will never run until reached to a certain temp and at beginning when powering on, the fan will do a test spin for a sec or two and then it will turn off.
The power supply you have is way more than what you need, you will never get to see the fan running.
The power supply i have never seen the fan work, i never reached that amount of heat on it even when overclocking or gaming.
only reason i got that PSU is for upgrading potential and also it was like 20$ cheaper new even then used on amazon for some reason