[SOLVED] PC won't boot after BIOS update (Gigabyte Aorus B450M)

May 2, 2022
Hi everyone,

Recently I've decided to update the bios on my PC, from F2 (stock) to the latest one (F63a I think it was).

The process went really straight forward - I used the gigabyte app to update it from an USB stick, and no issues were encountered until the very end when I was asked to reboot my pc for the update to take effect.

When the PC started again, it simply did not boot. All the fans are spinning on a high RPM then it lowers, then again rises to a high RPM then lowers again and so on, in a continuous loop.

The things I've tried so far, without any success:
  1. Removing and re-introducing the CMOS battery
  2. Shorting the CMOS pins several times
  3. Moving each of the 2x8 RAM modules on each and every one of the 4 RAM slots, then booting with single/both modules installed
  4. Replacing the motherboard with a Ggigabyte Aorus B450 PRO

Could've the bios update somehow bricked my CPU, or maybe both of the RAM modules?

My specs are:
MB: Gigabyte Aorus B450M
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700
RAM: 2x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 at 3000 mhz
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT

Solution
Could've the bios update somehow bricked my CPU, or maybe both of the RAM modules?
BIOS update can't brick CPU nor RAM. It can make CPU no longer supported, but it does not seem the case with this mobo though (at least judging by info available on Gigabyte's site).
Replacing the motherboard with a Ggigabyte Aorus B450 PRO
No matter what happened to original mobo with BIOS update, it should obviously not affect another mobo. Unless you also did some sus BIOS update on this one too? then more likely conclusion would be that something else died on your setup just accidentally when you were rebooting after BIOS update.
Recently I've decided to update the bios on my PC, from F2 (stock) to the latest one (F63a I think it...
You should always download BIOS from the motherboards support page. Looking at your motherboards support page, there were additional steps you should of taken when updating, ie, when updating from F2 to F4 it states, ''Note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.10.20.02 or latest version before updating to this BIOS.'' Then after updating from F30, ''Note : Update AMD Chipset Driver 18.50.16.01 or later version before update this BIOS. ''

Hopefully someone with more experience can advise you further, hope you havnt bricked your board! Good luck

BIOS update can't brick CPU nor RAM. It can make CPU no longer supported, but it does not seem the case with this mobo though (at least judging by info available on Gigabyte's site).
Replacing the motherboard with a Ggigabyte Aorus B450 PRO
No matter what happened to original mobo with BIOS update, it should obviously not affect another mobo. Unless you also did some sus BIOS update on this one too? then more likely conclusion would be that something else died on your setup just accidentally when you were rebooting after BIOS update.
Recently I've decided to update the bios on my PC, from F2 (stock) to the latest one (F63a I think it was).
The major problem here is this:
Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version)
If you went straight to F63a without installing that tool first it may the cause of your problem. But then again, it should not affect Aorus mobo in any case.

Solution
May 2, 2022
Thank you all for your input. I admit that I have never done a bios update before and this issue was mainly because I updated it wrongly.

However, my main question right now is: Why the same issue persisted after I changed the motherboard with a brand new one? It is really strange...