Question PC wont boot after changing RAM freq. to 6000Mhz

Dec 17, 2022
Hello, I put together a new setup and I would really like to run the new RAM at 6000 Mhz. If I turn on the XMP profile in the BIOS, the PC wont boot, if I manually change the RAM frequency in the BIOS to 6000Mhz, the system does the same. After all i need to take a CMOS reset, put out and back the battery and than everything starts fine. What could be the problem? The motherboard should support DDRAM up to 6400 Mhz. Originally, we run at 4800 Mhz in the system.

Motherboard: TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Cooler: Be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4
Source: Cooler Master V750 Gold V2 White Edition
RAM: Kingston 32GB KIT DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY Beast Black RGB
Graphic card: MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
SSD Samsung 980 PRO 1TB M.2 NVMe
Seagate BarraCuda 2 TB

Dec 17, 2022
Oh.. i dont know that, thanks for the info. So which AMD CPU supports normally 6000 Mhz? I found this on google: With a TDP of 105 W, the Ryzen 5 7600X consumes a good deal of power, so decent cooling is needed. AMD's processor supports DDR5 memory with a dual-channel interface. The highest officially supported memory speed is 5200 MHz, but with overclocking (and the right memory modules) you can go even higher.

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Did you turn on the AMP (XMP) and that is when it won't boot? Do you mean it won't POST when you say it won't boot?

You can clear cmos, get back into the system, update the BIOS, then try running it. (is the ram on the supported memory list from asus?)

I'm running 6000mhz super stable on a B650-E Strix ROG motherboard.

Dec 17, 2022
Did you turn on the AMP (XMP) and that is when it won't boot? Do you mean it won't POST when you say it won't boot?

You can clear cmos, get back into the system, update the BIOS, then try running it. (is the ram on the supported memory list from asus?)

I'm running 6000mhz super stable on a B650-E Strix ROG motherboard.

Yes, RAMs are from list of ASUS, i turned on the XMP and the system wont boot. I cleared the CMOS and yes, i have the lates bios: TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS BIOS 0821

Yes, RAMs are from list of ASUS, i turned on the XMP and the system wont boot. I cleared the CMOS and yes, i have the lates bios: TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS BIOS 0821
turn on xmp and reduce clock to 5200mhz, if you need to go higher, then you gonna need to do some research first on ram overclocking