Question PC wont boot after fresh install of windows

Apr 17, 2019
I am no expert but need some help. I have a GTX 780 and was running windows 10. I game quite a bit and have never had any issues with my PC whatsoever(over 4 years). Last night i was playing League of Legends(not a demanding game at all) and all of the sudden my screen went black and my PC restarted. I thought "that has never happened before, maybe it was just a freak thing. Maybe had a memory leak from chrome or something." So it loads up and i restart my game. 20 min later it does the exact same thing except this time my computer freezes at the windows loading screen every time and goes into trouble shoot mode. At this point i make sure to check all my fans(all running fine) and the mother boards lights. No reds lights showing on boot whatsoever. I go into the BIOS and all of my memory is there and my temperatures are all reading fine. After nothing working i decide to completely wipe my SDD and reinstall windows from scratch. It seems to work as i get windows 8 installed(which is what my pc came with CD). After that i install my mother board drivers and then proceed to install my graphics card drivers. This all goes well. I notice windows will not recognize my high rez monitor and i go into NVIDIA console to update the drivers. when i click update it acts as if it is going to download and install but just sits frozen for a few hours. I decide to reboot and try again. Same issue. I try rebooting again and my PC crashes and refuses to go past the windows loading screen and back to the trouble shooting menu again. I am worried my Graphics driver has some just crashed but i really dont want to buy a new one and find out that wasn't it. Please help.

Apr 17, 2019
not really just buy another PSU but telling us what you have would be a start and the age of it. a PSU tester would cost a fair bit and would be a waste of money.
ya sorry should have mentioned that. i have a corsair cx600 so one of the cheaper ones. that would be great if thats what it was

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
no gpu fine it would just cause the game to stutter yes its defintly the psu let me explain when you play your game your computer comes out of low power mode if its swiched to high performance and your psu is not powerful enough it can short out another issue it can be is you must go through the repair mode no you will not be able to bypass it just let it do its repair then it will let you play some more but u will need to create a custom power plan and keep it in energy save mode but once windows ten gose in recovery mode you cannot come out of it you must select one of the options to please it