Question PC won't boot after installing a GT 710 ?

Apr 11, 2023
I have HP COMPAQ ELITE 8100 SFF. spec: intel i3,8gb ddr3 ram and trying to install MSI GeForce 710 ddr3 2gb gpu. When I install gpu and plug wire to gpu. Pc won’t boot but all fans start running. If I remove gpu then pc works normally. Many say it’s power problem as gpu require 300 watts but I have 240watt. But no it’s not problem of power , many said GT 710 can work in 240 watt I even I saw many people using them in YouTube pls help me solve this. And also when I put gpu in mother board after 10-14mins it gets heated even though pc won’t start. I am sure power is not problem

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

But no it’s not problem of power
How did you come to that conclusion?

I am sure power is not problem
Again, just because a GPU heats up doesn't mean it's being fed the right amount of power to function optimally. Did you try taking the GPU over to another, known working, reliably built system to rule out your GT710being a dud?

You might want to stop trying with that PSU. You lack the necessary power for your entire build and decade old PSU will not output the same amount of power as it did when brand new.

Reactions: Venom45
Apr 11, 2023
oh, then how is it working for others. They are using gtx 1050/1030ti same computer and running easily so many u can find in YouTube.do u think it might be bios problem ??