[SOLVED] Pc wont boot after installing a new gpu

Mar 31, 2021
My pc wont boot (there isnt even a beep) if i put in HD7850. If I unplug the 6pin from the card, it's fans dont spin and my pc boots on the integrated graphics just fine. I tested the card in my friend's pc and it worked just fine. My current psu is banditpower 500w xh-420. Is my PSU too weak? Could have had the card gone bad while it was sitting in my drawer after testing it in friend's pc?

Solution
HD7850 needs a good 450w psu or a mediocre 550w or basically the 700w versions of the psu you currently use. Anything less and you power starve the pc.

In bios, make sure the pcie slot is set for primary, not the integrated gpu, or the pc can get confused.
Mar 31, 2021
That's not a 500w psu. 250w at it's best.

It's a 300w psu. I would not trust it. Do you have a good psu somewhere or only garbage?

Reset bios of the motherboard.
Only those PSUs, I guess could test the card again in friend's pc, he has a good PSU. For now I'll reset the bios.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
HD7850 needs a good 450w psu or a mediocre 550w or basically the 700w versions of the psu you currently use. Anything less and you power starve the pc.

In bios, make sure the pcie slot is set for primary, not the integrated gpu, or the pc can get confused.

Solution
Mar 31, 2021

The bios thing didnt work, seems like ill be getting a better PSU then