Question PC won't boot after installing m.2

Sep 25, 2020
After installing an m.2 drive into my system it failed to turn on at all. I took the drive out and it still didn't power on at all so I cleared the CMOS. After doing that now the pc will turn on but will fail to boot with q code 00, no display to monitor and the cpu fans don't turn. The gpu fans will attempt to turn for a second then stop and try again after about four seconds over and over again. After a couple of attempted boots the pc will fail to power on again until you clear the CMOS again. I have tried booting without a gpu, tried booting with only stick of RAM with all my sticks, checked all cables, and was able to borrow a different power supply but none of that fixed the problem. This leaves me to believe it's either the cpu or motherboard but I can't test either of those myself and i don't have any pc shops in my area to bring my system too. The only thing I can think of was I did drop my phone on my motherboard from about 3 inches up while installing my M.2 but it was on a pretty bare spot of the board and there is no noticeable damage. I was thinking of upgrading soon anyways so if I get a new cpu and mobo do you think that'll fix the issue? The Pc is about 3-4 years old with everything being original except for the cpu cooler and I've had to RMA the RAM before.

My specs:
i7 - 6700k
ASUS Maximus VIII Hero
Kraken x62
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM(4x8)
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
750W PSU
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
2TB Seagate
1TB Western Digital SSD

Have you tried switching your Windows drive to a different SATA port? (your motherboard has 2 SATA controllers, the Intel chipset and an ASMedia add-on controller chip)
Have you tried booting with only your Windows drive connected?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if it will go into the BIOS?

Sep 25, 2020
Have you tried switching your Windows drive to a different SATA port? (your motherboard has 2 SATA controllers, the Intel chipset and an ASMedia add-on controller chip)
Have you tried booting with only your Windows drive connected?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if it will go into the BIOS?

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately none of this solved the problem or resulted in any progress.

Sep 25, 2020
Do you still have the Intel CPU stock cooler? Try disconnecting the liquid cooler and boot using the air cooler instead. If that does not work you should remove the motherboard from it's case and try booting outside the case.

My CPU didn't come with a stock cooler so no luck there. I just assembled everything outside of the case with no difference in symptoms.