[SOLVED] PC won't boot after installing new cpu cooler

yaboihydra46

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I just installed the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition RGB onto my Ryzen 3 2200g and now my PC won't boot, the CPU fan spins for a split second and then just turns back off, my gpu fans won't spin at all, and the only fan to actually spin in the psu fan. I've tried reseating the CPU, the cooler, ram GPU, and unplugged and reconnected all the psu cables.

Solution
Pull the GPU and try using one of the motherboards built in video ports (HDMI or Display Port).

If that fails, try booting into safe mode.

And if the PC again fails to boot, try reinstalling the cooler with new thermal paste.

Do you still have the original cooler and was it working? You could reinstall the original cooler and determine if the PC will again boot.

A successful boot will likely mean that the new cooler is defective.

yaboihydra46

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
PSU: Make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Full system hardware specs?

Any motherboard LEDs lit or any beeps?

Any other component changes?
The psu is the Corsair CX650M, the GPU is a RX 570 4gb and the Mobo is the Asrock B450M Steel Legend. When I press the power button the RGB lights on my mobo turn on like they normally do, but nothing else, and I haven't made any other changes other than the cooler

Ralston18

Titan
Pull the GPU and try using one of the motherboards built in video ports (HDMI or Display Port).

If that fails, try booting into safe mode.

And if the PC again fails to boot, try reinstalling the cooler with new thermal paste.

Do you still have the original cooler and was it working? You could reinstall the original cooler and determine if the PC will again boot.

A successful boot will likely mean that the new cooler is defective.

Solution