Question PC wont boot after restart

Sep 9, 2023
So having a bit of an issue upgraded my motherboard and cpu today. I plugged everything in it all seems to work fine but when I hit restart or windows has to restart for an update the computer will shutdown like its going to restart normally but display disappears and all usb devices stop working. All the fans, gpu, ram and RGB in the case continues running but nothing else. I've tried a new BIOS update, removed the CMOS, and reinstalled windows to no avail. I'm running a Z690 Tomahawk MB, 13600k, 32 GB of ddr4 corsair rgb ram, and a 3070

So having a bit of an issue upgraded my motherboard and cpu today. I plugged everything in it all seems to work fine but when I hit restart or windows has to restart for an update the computer will shutdown like its going to restart normally but display disappears and all usb devices stop working. All the fans, gpu, ram and RGB in the case continues running but nothing else. I've tried a new BIOS update, removed the CMOS, and reinstalled windows to no avail. I'm running a Z690 Tomahawk MB, 13600k, 32 GB of ddr4 corsair rgb ram, and a 3070
Remove the gpu and connect to the igp.....test.

Sep 9, 2023
Ok.....That just makes the suspect list a little smaller.

I think what your pc is saying is it's not shutting down proper.

Just to make the list smaller use just one stick of ram.....test.
Tried just one stick also switched sticks and tried the other one alone as well still persisting

I had this exact same issue on a Ryzen 7000 build, my system didn't like the RAM, which was XMP. I resolved it by changing RAM to EXPO.
I'm going to assume you're using XMP for your Intel system, so that's probably not going to be your issue, but it could still be the RAM or it's timings. Have you tried with XMP turned on and then off?