Question PC won't boot after shutting it down from the other night

waffl212

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
Forgive me if this isn't the right forum, i couldn't find anything "tech support" as an option.

Second time that it has happened. So basically when I do manage to boot it, it works fine with alot of hours of usage. After shutting it down and going to bed, the next day, it would have a hard time booting. The usual errors are ntfs.sys and ntoskrnl.exe.

I tried removing some peripherals and rebooting the PC, ultimately successfully booted after removing the mouse from the USB drive, connect it after it boots and it's good to use.

Are there any steps I could try to see what problems I have? Windows are completely up to date, drivers are all up to date. It's a brand new build, around 2 weeks too.

Specs are;
Ryzen 3 2200g
Asus B450m-a Prime
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz
RX570 Sapphire Nitro 8GB
Corsair VS450 PSU.

From experience, it seems to have a hard time booting properly after resting. Memtest86 and windows diagnostics shows no problem with the RAM.

waffl212

Reputable
Jul 8, 2019
Disable fast boot if you have it enabled and see if this clears up the problem. Also go to start menu, type Windows Memory Diagnostic, press enter. Click on restart now. It will Run for a few minutes and tell you what it has found if anything.

I've done WMD and having fast boot on and off makes no difference. A long time being off or sleep causes such problems either way.