Question PC won't boot after switching cases ?

Truthhh

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Hello, today I present with a very common and frustrating issue: my PC won't boot up. At all. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to boot, including fixes mentioned in the "system won't boot" troubleshooting guide stickied in these forums. I switched everything over to a new case, MUSETEX TW8-S6, and suddenly my PC won't boot up.

Hardware Specifications

Case: MUSETEX TW8-S6
HDD: Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO SSD 250GB
Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Plus
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 5700G
GPU: GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: T-FORCE DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB)
PSU: Cooler Master V750 Gold
The case comes with 6 fans, and I'm adding no additional fans

Here are some images of how everything is set up. It's very disorganized and messy, I'm sorry about that!

I also built everything on cardboard instead of directly on carpet.

The graphics card, case, and power supply are all new, I know that everything else works as it worked in my old case as soon as last week.

Here is a list of everything I have tried:

• Verifying that Power Supply is turned ON and plugged in

• Verifying that motherboard is grounded, CPU is completely in place, RAM is fully clicked in, all plugs are completely plugged in

• Tried to boot PC multiple times with POWER SW/POWER LEDS plugged in facing different directions just in case

• Attempted to boot several times with ram places in different spots

• Reset CMOS

• Switched to my old power cable that I know works

• Plugged in power cable to multiple different outlets, into wall, and into power block

• Tried booting without GPU

• Tried booting with only CPU, POWER SW/POWER LED cables, 24pin, and hard drive w/ PC installed plugged in (also tried this twice, once with both sticks of ram and once with only one stick of ram)

I've been staring at this computer for way too long and I can't think of what else to do, so I'm hoping someone here will be able to help before I consider replacing any hardware.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thank you very much!

Truthhh

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Do you mean its not powering on?

You made sure to not reuse any power cables from old PSU, correct?

Did you try jumping the power_on pins on motherboard?

Install RAM in slots a2-b2 on motherboard.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

I tried using my power cable from old PSU only after nothing else was working, but that didn't work either so I'm using the new PSU's power cable again.

I installed RAM in the slots you suggested and also jumped the power_on pins, but my PC still won't boot, unfortunately.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Yes it is -- I also double checked the manual and tried powering with the switch just flipped both ways just to make completely sure it was turned on properly.
Ok. Remove everything from the case and set motherboard on nonconductive surface. Connect motherboard power. Install single stick of RAM. No GPU installed. Connect monitor to motherboard. Jump power pin. What happens?

Truthhh

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Ok. Remove everything from the case and set motherboard on nonconductive surface. Connect motherboard power. Install single stick of RAM. No GPU installed. Connect monitor to motherboard. Jump power pin. What happens?

Unfortunately, after trying everything you mentioned, nothing really happened, except for my monitor did turn on when plugging in to the motherboard, though turned off a couple seconds after due to no input signal. I assume this means my new power supply probably doesn't work, unless there is anything else you can suggest. I really appreciate your help, though!

Unfortunately, after trying everything you mentioned, nothing really happened, except for my monitor did turn on when plugging in to the motherboard, though turned off a couple seconds after due to no input signal. I assume this means my new power supply probably doesn't work, unless there is anything else you can suggest. I really appreciate your help, though!
Perform paperclip test(google it) on PSU

Reactions: Truthhh

Truthhh

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Perform paperclip test(google it) on PSU

I just tried the test and made sure I did it correct... power supply didn't turn on at all. I guess that means it was dead on arrival and I'll need to replace it. I wish I'd done this test much sooner, it would have saved so much time! Thank you very much for your help, now I know what to do in the future.

TRENDING THREADS