Question PC won't boot after trying to install new RAM ?

Aug 12, 2023
I attempted to install some new RAM in my PC. On my first attempt, I made the mistake of mixing sets of sticks (2 4gb ddr4 ram and 2 8gb ddr4 ram). The computer would not boot, no signal to the monitor. Then I tried just the new set. Again, it wouldn't boot. Then I tried to just put the original set back in, but it still will not boot.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to give my system specifications as I cannot get it to boot and I don't know where the documentation is. EDIT: Found some:
CPU: AMD Ryzen V2178 3.00 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR4
Drives: 1 TB HDD
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

EDIT: MB looks like a B350M Bazooka

I'm assuming this will be beyond my capacity to fix but any technical advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
The motherboard's model is usually written or labeled m near the pcie port or below the CPU cooler.

Try only one ram stick into the 2nd dimm slot from left to right.

If it doesn't post, reset the BIOS by disconnecting the power to the PSU and removing the bios battery. After 1minute reinstall the battery (plus symbol visible). Try booting

If still not booting, can you enter the BIOS menu?

Reactions: SarkSarkos
Aug 12, 2023
The motherboard's model is usually written or labeled m near the pcie port or below the CPU cooler.

Try only one ram stick into the 2nd dimm slot from left to right.

If it doesn't post, reset the BIOS by disconnecting the power to the PSU and removing the bios battery. After 1minute reinstall the battery (plus symbol visible). Try booting

If still not booting, can you enter the BIOS menu?

Unfortunately, that didn't work. None of the ram sticks worked in that slot, resetting the BIOS didn't do anything, and I can't get into the BIOS menu, nothing is displaying at all.

Aug 12, 2023
The connections look sound, both inside the box and to the monitors.
The PC does power on with fans.
I am getting a "no signal" message on both screens.

TRENDING THREADS