[SOLVED] PC won't boot after upgrading CPU

Nov 24, 2018
I have a prebuilt system bought from CyberPowerPC (yeah I know), after about a year of owning the system I decided to upgrade. My previous specs were: an i5-7600k cooled by a Corsair Hydro Series H60 120mm, an MSI z270 Gaming Plus motherboard, a gtx 1050Ti Superclocked, 16GB of RGB DDR4 RAM, 1TB HDD, and a standard 600 Watts 80+ certified power supply. I added a 500GB SSD, a 2TB HDD, and replaced my CPU with an i7-7700k, but not all at once. My issue began only after replacing the cpu. I took out my old CPU, wiped my heat sink off with a microfiber cloth and 50% Isopropyl, then replaced it with my newer one and applied TG-7 Thermaltake thermal paste. Afterwards, I attempted to boot up my system, the RAM sticks and Motherboard would light up indicating power but my PC would never boot, not even to show the BIOS. The CPU cooler doesn't spin as I'm booting up, that could be the bas3 of the issue. I do not have any other CPU coolers to test out, and I tried replacing my old CPU, but there was no luck there. I also tried to reset the CMOS, that yielded no results either. Any help would be appreciated, I am so frustrated as it feels like I have tried everything. Thank you in advance.

TL; DR - PC won't boot after replacing CPU, CPU fan won't spin.

Solution
#1 bent mobo pins (cpu socket) #2 while replacing the cpu you somehow short circuited the mobo #3 dust/dirt got stuck in the socket(air dust it lightly) #4 you forgot to plug the cpu power pin off :)/happens:/)

winks42

Respectable
#1 bent mobo pins (cpu socket) #2 while replacing the cpu you somehow short circuited the mobo #3 dust/dirt got stuck in the socket(air dust it lightly) #4 you forgot to plug the cpu power pin off :)/happens:/)

Solution
Nov 24, 2018

You were right, bent motherboard cpu pins it was. I was able to unbend the pins, and it boored up this time, but it showed a black screen with white text that stated what kind of cpu I had and hard drives with an option to access the BIOS, but I could barely read it becsuse the screen was truning really distorted really quickly, with rays of different colors clouding it and it eventually turned all black. I know the issue is not from my monitor because I tried to hook up my brother's laptop to it, and it worked. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Nov 24, 2018

Thanks, I got it to work. Just needed to resecure the CPU cooler, thanks for pointing out to me that the CPU pins could've been bent.