Pc wont boot after windows 10 installation failure

johnbeezo

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Hi I'm really stuck for solutions to what to do I have a gaming pc everything worked fine no problems at all until I decided to do a clean install of Windows10. During the install it appeared to be stuck updating drivers at 27%.I thought it was stuck so I knocked it off foolishly thinking it would get it out of been stuck now when I turn on pc it would act as if it's booting then a message would come up saying Windows couldn't install properly so restart and install again and when u restart it keeps happening in a loop with same message.I tried everything to fix it even trying to load from bios but nothing.I thought I saw a fix on YouTube some guy saying press shift and f10 and type regedit and tweak a few things and the end result is my pc acts as if to boot and it appears on screen 64% and restars in loop and goes back to the same thing over and over and I'm trying everything just to be able to get a clean install on Windows.please help guys if u can thanks

Solution
do you have an ssd or hdd? if you have a hdd you can wipe drive using http://www.dban.org/

I would disconnect internet while you install and see if that stops the install getting stuck

johnbeezo

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Hi colif I have a hdd drive.I have also Windows10 iso on a DVD and it's in the disk drive but it's like it is not recognized just continues in that boot loop .would it not also be the same if I have that on program on a DVD in the DVD drive?

johnbeezo

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Ya colif I got the media and installed Windows 10 clean install numerous times but it keeps crashing after the installation.during installation is fine but after computer restarts from then on Windows 10 crashes.don't know what to do man tried a lot of things .I heard Windows10 is causing major problems for people?

johnbeezo

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Gigabyte g1 sniper b5
I5 4430 3.0ghz
R9 280x
8gb ram

It's crashing after windows 10 installs.pc then restarts and it can crash anytime after that.sometimes I make it as far as desktop then it will crash

Colif

Win 11 Master
What sort of crash? what happens? Does PC just restart or is it a BSOD? or other error?

If you can get to login screen, right click the power button in right hand corner of screen
while holding shift key down, click restart button
this should load advanced startup

lets see if it does this in safe mode:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

If you are getting BSOD, can you open file explorer in safe mode
can you go to C;\windows folder
set it to show hidden files
copy the memory.dmp file to a USB or other hdd and upload that to a file sharing site and we see what bsod you getting.

johnbeezo

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
After installation when it restarts when the loading dots animation is circling around the freeze.sometimes it gets beyond it where cortana is setting up network and it freezes there. Sometimes I barely make it to desktop and freezes straight away so anytime after install is finished it freezes.but when vista is installed it loads up fine and operating around desktop is fine.but I don't want vista.

Colif

Win 11 Master
strange, odd it starts freezing now and yet it worked perfectly fine before you decided to clean install. the stage its up to is the initial setup process, so its running off the hdd by then and not USB. one fix seems to be to just restart PC

i would make a bootable USB using memtest86 and check each stick of ram one stick at a time, as i find errors during install can be caused by ram.

What BIOS are you on? Newest is F9 here: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/G1Sniper-B5-rev-1x#support-dl

do you use wifi or ethernet to connect to internet?