Question Pc wont boot after windows update

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
Hello everyone,
Ever since win version 2004 came out i have had trouble with windows. When i installed that update few months ago my pc wouldnt boot up. Now that 20h2 is out i thought maybe something changed. I installed that update last night but my pc still wouldnt boot up. I tried doing sfc, memtest, chkdisk etc but everything is fine and there are no problems. Another thing is i've read that people did a clean install but still the same thing happened to them.
I updated bios and i updated win to new version but same thing happens. I noticed that after the update finishes it loads windows normally but as soon as i restart it wont boot up. It posts but after that those little windows dots just keep going in circles forever. I tried doing startup repair but it didnt finish. I cant run DISM it says "dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option. Sfc shows no problems. Im stuck and running out of options.
What should i do and is there a solution to this ? Thanx

z170 pro gaming aura
I7 6700k
2x hyperx fury ddr4 2666 mhz
kingston ssd + 2 hdds
gtx 1060
thermaltake smart se 730w

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Configure the BIOS POST to be as verbose as possible.

Watch what is going on and what POST is reporting.

Try to discover what is happening while/when circle of dots is spinning.

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
updated.
system boots into safe mode. POST reports nothing. Its like everythings fine. Nothing is happening while dots are spinning. I could leave it like that for hours and they'd still be on. I dont understand what you mean to configure bios post to be as verbose as possible. Sorry, english is not my first language.