Question PC wont boot and mobos boot led turns red

Oct 2, 2022
I’ve had this build for approx. 3 years now. A few days ago I was playing CS: GO, when mid-match my computer shutdown and started automatically to reboot without me doing anything. During restarting on the screen there was briefly some text (1-3 seconds) and I managed to read the words “hardware” and “error”. After the text disappeared the restarting process got stuck in a black screen and nothing happened for a while so eventually I force-shutdown by holding down the power button on the case. Then I tried to restart the pc again multiple times discovering the following things: my problem is that on launch my pc wont even boot to bios and the monitor will remain dark the whole time. When I check my mobo’s leds during starting, the cpu and dram leds glow red as a christmas tree and after a few seconds they turn off excatly as the boot led light turn red. The boot led remains red until shutdown.

About troubleshooting:
I have eliminated gpu and monitor, since monitor works just fine with other hardware and if I swhitch the displayport cable from my gpu to mobo, the problem remains unchanged.
I also think my RAM isn’t the problem since I tested all possible layouts (single RAM and dual) and every trial I got excatly the same results. All this makes me think the problem might be with my mobo.

Please tell me if you have any ideas how to continue troubleshooting or possibly fix the problem I’m having.

My specs:
Cpu: AMD 5 3600
Gpu: Sapphire AMD rx5700
Mobo: ASRock X570 pro 4
Psu: Corsair RM 650x
Ssd: Xpg gammix s11 pro 1tb
Ram: G.skill 16 GB Ripjaws V (2x8GB)
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C
I also think it might be worth-adding to say I use Manjaro Linux because it might have something to do with the previously mentioned brief error message.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: Corsair RM 650x

Is that PSU also 3 years old? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does?

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not underload. However, any voltages out of tolerance make the PSU suspect.

Another option is to swap in a known working PSU to determine if shutdowns stop.

Just remember to not mix and match cables between modular PSUs.

Oct 2, 2022
PSU: Corsair RM 650x

Is that PSU also 3 years old? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit mining?

Do you have a multi-meter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does?

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test because the PSU is not underload. However, any voltages out of tolerance make the PSU suspect.

Another option is to swap in a known working PSU to determine if shutdowns stop.

Just remember to not mix and match cables between modular PSUs.
I tried testing with multimeter and afterwards with another PSU but the problem still remains. Anyhow I would like to thank you for your help. Also sorry for the late reply