Question PC won't boot and VGA light stays on

Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys,
I decided to upgrade my PC and bought a new motherboard/CPU and RAM. After putting everything together I started the PC and it didn't boot. All the fans started spinning (including the GPU fan) but the Monitor didn't display anything. Also I noticed that the red VGA light on the motherboard stays on. Any ideas what the problem could be?

My specs:
Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: BeQuiet! System Power 9 600W
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis DIMM Kit 16GB DDR4-3000, CL16-18-1

What I have tried so far:
-Replaced motherboard (Returned the first B450 Gaming Plus Max that I bought and got a new one)
-Put RAM stick in every DIMM slot
-Put everything apart and together again
-Reset CMOS
-Updated BIOS
-Made sure many times that all cables are properly connected
-Tested out the GPU on another PC (It worked)

Lutfij

Titan
If the rest were recycled, what is the age of the PSU? Also, how did you update the BIOS if you can't get to BIOS? Did you make sure you followed the procedure to update BIOS as outlined by MSI's motherboard manual? Is that ram a dual channel kit or a single stick of 16GB? Which slot(s) are you populating on the board?

Jul 22, 2019
If the rest were recycled, what is the age of the PSU? Also, how did you update the BIOS if you can't get to BIOS? Did you make sure you followed the procedure to update BIOS as outlined by MSI's motherboard manual? Is that ram a dual channel kit or a single stick of 16GB? Which slot(s) are you populating on the board?
PSU is new too. I updated the BIOS with a USB flash drive and followed the steps as described in the manual. RAM is a kit (two 8GB sticks). I tested both of them in every slot (alone and together). Of course I tried the recommended slots first (DIMMA 2 and DIMMB2).

Jul 22, 2019
Ok I just tried out another GPU (Same model) and it worked! I have no idea why but another GeForce GTX 1060 6GB made it work. The other 1060 works too just not in my system. Its weird but I'm glad that I found a way to fix it.