PC wont boot anymore, stuck at a black screen with a small white stripe close to the left corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinke

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
This morning I booted my PC up to look at a word document. After closing and powering down my pc I went away for half a hour. When I then tried to boot my PC again I came at the descriped screen. I checked my core temperatures yesterday but they seemed fine. There were no hardware changes or downloads inbetween me powering down and booting up my PC. Does anyone know what the problem is?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are my specs:
Ghraphiccard: MSi GeForce GTX 970 gaming 4GB
Processor: Intel(r) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @3,20 GHz
Ram: G.Skill Ares F3-2400C11D-16GAB (but i dont know for sure maybe it was one with 0,3 mhz less)
Motherboard: asus B85M-G
SSD: Crucial BX100 250GB
adapter: Cooler Master GM G750M
screen: acer lCD MONITOR G226HQL

rinke

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

My screen does work, when I start the screen up without the pc powered on it says no signal and I can still adjust lighting and other options.

rinke

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
It seems that my keyboard now also doesn't work when connected to my PC but when I connect it to my laptop it does work, and the white stripe isn't blinking. I tried to post a picture but it doesn't work.

edit: Used another keyboard, still can't get into BIOS

rinke

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017

You were right, when I plugged into the TV monitor it worked, even my keyboard gave light again. Is there a way for me to fix my screen or do i need to buy another one?

rinke

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
After I booted my PC using the TV monitor, I then powered the PC off again, connected it to my own monitor, and now it works again after I booted it up. I dont know how it works but it does so the case is closed. Thank you everyone for helping me with this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.