[SOLVED] PC won't boot at home and uncle's home but works on shop.

Aug 3, 2021
I have this PC for 6 and a half months now. After I wake up, the PC suddenly stops working. It was working last night and closed it properly. The way my PC behaves is: The motherboard and the GPU lights up as normal when I switch my PSU to on but it doesn't do anything when I clicked the power button. I tried testing without the GPU, same problem, one stick of RAM (each 2 of them)(even without RAM), same problem. I also tried to unplug and plug the CMOS again after 30 minutes rest time, same problem. I tried contacting the PSU brand since I thought the problem is the PSU suddenly go weak, but the jumpstart works as normally do. I did a jumpstart to a motherboard, doesn't work. We tested that the power button gives signal to motherboard. We are sure that those are plugged in properly because it was working before and didn't touch anything inside since then. We have no choice but to bring it to the city where the shops are. I went to my sister's house first to test it but same problem: Motherboard and GPU lights after switching the PSU on but power button doesn't work. We send it to the computer shop 1, they are experiencing the same problem but they test the PSU to another PC, it completely works, and testing the different PSU to my pc, it doesn't work. We think that the problem will be CPU or Motherboard. We went to another computer shop, they reset the CMOS and reseat the RAM, and it works properly (which what I did before and didn't work). They test it to us on their shop and it's back to normal (when they push the power button, the whole system works). But when we bring it home, it came back to the same problem: Motherboard and GPU lights up when PSU switch is on but nothing happens after power button is pushed. We didn't touch anything inside, we bring it the same as when it was working at the shop. I tried plugging it to different outlet of the house, same problem. I went to my uncle's house to test the PC, same problem. I tried AVR, still having the same problem. I also used different power cable, same scenario.

Here are the specs I can provide:
Motherboard: Asus TUF B450M-Plus Gaming
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 8x2
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Graphics: Asus TUF Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB OC
Power Supply: Seasonic Focus GX-650

I've read this thread before and it's indeed a mysterious way to fix the PC ( https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...me-but-works-fine-at-the-repair-shop.3622119/ ). I don't want to spend $120 for motherboard without an explanation on why is it happening, especially it's no guarantee that the motherboard is the faulty. I don't have extra spare parts to test with. There are no stuck screws behind the motherboard and the motherboard is applied with mounts or "stands" as this thread said ( https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...omes-on-but-power-button-does-nothing.596001/ ). A help is appreciated.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

The paperclip/jumpstart method for testing your PSU isn't a good indication, since that test doesn't show how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system. As for the build, can you please state what slots the sticks of ram are occupying on your motherboard? If the motherboard you have was tested at a shop and they found the motherboard being unresponsive, then it's highly likely that the problem is indeed with your motherboard.

Another possible issue could be that you're experiencing a grounding issue whereby you have a static build up on your system, preventing the system from powering up. You can try and disconnect the system from the wall and monitor, press and hold down the power...

Lutfij

Titan

The paperclip/jumpstart method for testing your PSU isn't a good indication, since that test doesn't show how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system. As for the build, can you please state what slots the sticks of ram are occupying on your motherboard? If the motherboard you have was tested at a shop and they found the motherboard being unresponsive, then it's highly likely that the problem is indeed with your motherboard.

Another possible issue could be that you're experiencing a grounding issue whereby you have a static build up on your system, preventing the system from powering up. You can try and disconnect the system from the wall and monitor, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then reconnect the system to power and display. If the issue is alleviated, then you have a grounding issue.

Solution
Aug 3, 2021

Another possible issue could be that you're experiencing a grounding issue whereby you have a static build up on your system, preventing the system from powering up. You can try and disconnect the system from the wall and monitor, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds and then reconnect the system to power and display. If the issue is alleviated, then you have a grounding issue.

The second computer shop I went, they only reseat the RAM and it works perfectly so I'm kind of doubting if motherboard is faulty if the whole system is working at the shop at the first place. But I will narrow it down if I can. In terms of the placement of RAMs, it's currently placed in A2 B2. This placement of RAM works on the second shop but not on my, first shop, sister, and uncle's location. I already tried doing a 30 second power button hold before to drain and did it again after you said but it didn't do the work.