[SOLVED] PC won't boot but fans speed (new board and cpu)

andrepcg

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
My old PC was not booting and I decided to order a few parts in order to find the problem.

Old CPU: i7 2600k
Old board: Asus Sabertooth P67
Ebay CPU: Intel Pentium G2020
Ebay Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
PSU: Nox Hummer 700W
Graphics: none
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 4GB x 4

I've just installed all the parts in a new Micro ATX case and it's still not booting. I thought the problem was the motherboard.
I tested it with both CPU's on the new Gigabyte board and the CPU fan spins at max speed but no POST.
I'm also testing with and without RAM, a single dimm at a time

Could this be a Power supply issue? But I also tested all the pins voltage and they look fine

pin voltage
1 3.44
13 3.44
2 3.44
14 11.7
4 5
6 5
9 5
21 12
10 12.11
22 5
11 12.11
23 5
12 3.44

cpu pins: all 12.12V

What is wrong?

Last edited:
Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting issue, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the make and model of your PSU, not just it's wattage. Also, what was the first issue? Dropping money onto a problem you don't know how to solve only makes matters worse. Please identify the chipset properly as well, Intel never released a P64 chipset for the board makers.

To add, the Pentium G2020 isn't listed in the CPU support list for that Ebay board you purchased.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting issue, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the make and model of your PSU, not just it's wattage. Also, what was the first issue? Dropping money onto a problem you don't know how to solve only makes matters worse. Please identify the chipset properly as well, Intel never released a P64 chipset for the board makers.

To add, the Pentium G2020 isn't listed in the CPU support list for that Ebay board you purchased.

Solution

andrepcg

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
As far as i remember asus sabertooth never had a p64 edition, there was a P67 edition; Did u check ur rams?, whats the make and model of PSU?

I forgot to say that but I have 4 DDR3 rams that i've been testing multiple times, with and without them , a single one at a time.

When I mean "No POST" I mean nothing appears on the screen

andrepcg

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

It's an old Nox Hummer 700W (maybe from around 2010).
The first issue with my old harware was that one that it stopped booting. I shut it down and it never came back.
I meant to say P67!

You're right, it's not compatible with the new testing motherboard but it was with the Sabertooth P67 and it didn't work as well, so I thought the problem was with the board. So, new board, same old cpu, same issues

Last edited: